The T-65 X-wing starfighter, or simply, the "X-wing", is the primary starfighter for the Rebel Alliance.
In the gamesEdit
The X-Wing appears in every video game featuring the Rebel Alliance or Rogue Squadron. It is the most well-balanced starfighter to appear in the franchise due to its speed, maneuverability, defense and firepower.
Empire at WarEdit
X-wings appear in Empire at War and Forces of Corruption as the main and basic fighter for the Rebel Alliance.
In Empire at War, or virtually any game, the X-wing is a very good at engaging TIE Fighters and TIE Bombers, along with almost any other TIE and even could be effective against corvettes due to their versatility. They also, unlike TIE fighters could hyperspace without a carrier ship needed. They were also fast and locking their S-Foils only made them even faster at the expense of firepower. X-wings worked great as escorts for Y-wings by keeping fighters off of them so they could allow the Y-wings to unleash their powerful attacks.
Despite their speed, the X-wing really didn't have the ability to turn the tide of a battle and were completely vulnerable to Tartan Patrol Cruisers. They also didn't have to high of a probability to survive any larger battles.
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars (arcade)
- Star Wars: X-wing Alliance
- Star Wars: X-wing vs. TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Non-canonical appearance)