32 BBY, Kamino
|Chronological and political information|
Boss started off exactly the same as his commando brethren. As his training progressed, he consistently ranked highest in his squad for accuracy and all-round fighting ability. He even managed to break Sergeant Walon Vau's arm in training. It was because of these qualities that Vau appointed him as the leader of Delta Squad.
- "You lizards need to learn that I'm a lot scarier than you are."
- —Boss to a Trandoshan mercenary[src]
Boss took command of Delta Squad in the opening stages of the Battle of Geonosis. During the battle, the squad was instrumental in ensuring victory for the Republic by eliminating Geonosian lieutenant Sun Fac, and disabling an underground jamming device. As the battle died down, Boss led Delta Squad on a daring raid inside a Trade Federation core ship.
After victory was assured on Geonosis, the Deltas were deployed across the Galaxy. Boss and his commandos became veterans of many engagements. Midway through the war, Delta Squad was tasked with investigating the assault ship Prosecutor, which had reappeared after vanishing while out on patrol. Prosecutor had been Delta's first base of operations, and had been captured by Trandoshans with Separatist support. With the help of Arrestor, Delta were able to repel the boarders and destroy a CIS Droid Control Ship.
During the Mission to Kashyyyk, Boss's squadmate Sev was reported missing in action. Only a direct order from Jedi Master Yoda convinced him to leave without Sev. Despite the loss of their comrade, the Deltas boarded a gunship and were sent back into combat.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Boss's numerical designation (RC-1138) is yet another homage to George Lucas's first film, THX 1138.
- In Star Wars: Republic Commando, RC-1138 was voiced by Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett himself.
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (First identified as RC-1138)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando: Order 66 (Non-canonical appearance)