Clone Wars Edit
Geonosis was the location of the first battle of the Clone Wars called the Battle of Geonosis. The planet is located close to the planets of Tatooine and Ryloth in the Outer Rim. Geonosis was ruled by the archduke Poggle the Lesser who was part of the CIS until his death at the end of the Clone Wars.
Geonosis was home to several droid construction facilities, which engineered pink-hued battle droids until the Battle of Geonosis. In addition, it was the first planet to create Super Battle Droids, the more powerful successor to the battle droid.
Much of the planet's architecture consists of domes and buildings built into caverns and rock spires, that look similar to termite mounds. Its most dangerous creatures are massiffs, dog-like lizards that, in every book they are mentioned in, seem to have a tendency to fall off cliffs. In addition to these, Geonosians keep larger creatures in captivity for use in their arenas. Examples include acklays, reeks, and nexu.
Galactic Civil War Edit
The planet of Geonosis was taken by the Galactic Empire so that they could use the Geonosians as slaves to aid the construciton of the Death Star . Because of this the Geonosians sided with the Rebel Alliance.
Geology and GeographyEdit
Geonosis had a large diameter but light gravity and dense atmosphere. With a weak magnetic field, harsh solar radiation storms were common, and on occasion mass extinctions occurred. The most persistent surface organisms were humble red rock algae while the semi-insectoid Geonosians were driven underground. It consisted of a diminutive molten core with a rocky mantle forming a rocky, desert world subject to flash floods that carved great highland canyons. Water made up 5% of the surface. During the time of the Geonosian rule, much of the planet's architecture was similar in appearance to termite mounds, consisting of domes and buildings built into caverns and rock spires. Therefore, one could easily mistake Geonosian buildings for natural formations and the planet uninhabited, a great asset during war.
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire at War, Galactic Empire campaign, a mission (number ?) involved the player stop a revolt on Geonosis so that the Geonosians can be used to speed up the construction of the Death Star
- ↑ In battles the native forces (Geonosians) can be controlled by players playing as the Rebel Alliance in any Star Wars: Empire at War battle that features Geonosians, unless the Zann Consortium has corrupted the planet using a Corruption bonus which stops natives from taking sides (The Zann Consortium is in Forces of Corruption only)
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)