Carbonite guns were weapons that would fire a short stream of Carbonite, and were capable of coating targets, rendering them imobile and defenseless. During that time the target could then be attacked without a chance for self-defense, or in some cases, simply be smashed by a blow from the weapons reinforced butt. After a few moments, however, they would thaw, and there wouldn't be any sign of hibernation sickness. The enemy could easily attack as if nothing had happened. In Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron, and Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squadron, the Weapon costs 15 credits to at the customization screen.
These weapons had a short range, but in the right hands they could be an extremely effective weapon.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
- Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron