Campaign mode is a style of gameplay that often follows a storyline whilst following a factions story or campaign.
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade SquadronEdit
In Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron campaign mode follows the story of the Renegade Squadron. It starts with Tionne Solusar enquiring about the Renegade Squadron to Col Serra, their former leader. For a summary of the plot see Renengade Squadron's plot.
Players playing with the easy difficulty on will have unlimited reinforcements, players on the harder setting will have a limited ammount of reinforcement tickets.
The first mission acts as a training mission for new players. It takes place during the evacuation of Yavin 4 after the destruction of the Death Star, reversing the role of the 501st seen in the Rise of the Empire campaign in Star Wars: Battlefront II.
- Movement training: Move into yellow circle, sprint a short distance, jump. A recon droid then appears, lock on with the R button and shoot it.
- Capture the command post and then let open the door for your teammates: After capturing the command post equip the Jetpack in the Customization menu, then fly through the hole in the wall by double tapping L.
- Turn to the pannel on your right and open the door.
- Repair the turret and use it to kill four stormtroopers: Equip the Fusion cutter from the command post, go up to the broken turret. Press the left button on the D-pad to equip the fusion cutter and repair the turret. Then shoot four advancing stormtroopers.
- Destroy the IFT-T at the next command post: Equip the Rocket Launcher, then go towards the vehicle, circle it whilst rolling and taking cover occassionaly and at the same time fire at it with the rocket launcher. You cannot use any other weapon due to a special shield which only drops once the rocket launcher is equipped.
- Capture the Pyramid command post: Either use your secondary weapon or equip another weapon and take the base, your temmates assisst you in this however enemy infantry are now advancing.
- Kill the imperial scout with stolen data: Now you must kill a scout trooper running a short sprint away, after killing the scout sprint back to the temple you started at to complete this objective.
- Destroy computers located in the temple: Grenades and Wrist Rockets work well to complete this, after completing this you will have completed mission one.
The rebellion then sends the Renegade Squadron to retrieve a holocron containing possible locations of new rebel basses. The holocron was made of a metal strong enough to survive the destruction of Alderaan, it is located in the remains of Alderaan at this point.
- Get into the X-Wing and take off.
- Destroy the enemy TIE Fighter: Press triangle to have an automatic lock on mode and hten just press x to shoot at it and destroy it.
- Destroy five TIE Fighters to clear a path for the Millenium Falcon: The A-Wing, Y-Wing and B-Wing are now available, the B-Wing is usually best for the rest of this mission. Just repeat the previous process five times to complete this.
- Defend the Falcon from TIE Interceptors: Again, mostly the same proccess works to complete this.
- Retrieve the holocron and return it to the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser: Whilst speed and health is important for this objective, there is no real need to change craft for this objective unless you are struggling.
- Engage Slave I: In game terms engaging and scaring Fett of is the actually destroying the Slave I, just stay behind it and lock on whilst firing.
- Destroy the Interdictor's gravity well generators: The B-Wing is perfect for this as it's fast enough to avoid being hit by turret but is powerful enough to destroy the generators.
- Capture the Junkyard command post: The T4-B tank gives excellent support, when at the command post watch both sides even if you have nearby teammates watching your back.
- Prtoect Chewbacca as he searches for parts for the Falcon: This is essentially defending the command post except you need to keep Chewbacca in your sights, watch for Stormtroopers who may appear seemingly out of no where as the scrap heaps provide cover for advancing stormtroopers.
- Destroy the anti-aircraft turrets: The jetpack is useful for this as is a vechicle. Head towards the AA turret and then, after the objective changes jet towards the generator and destroy it. On your way back to the now unshielded turret try to grab a vehicle to help.
- Bring an energy cell back to the Falcon: A fast sprint speed is best for this.
- Defend the hanger so the Falcon can be repaired: The best position for this is either sniping from nearby structures or taking cover next to the Falcon.
- Defeat IG-88: IG-88 then joins the battle, defeat him to complete the mission. The easiest way is to snipe at it as it is armed with a flamethrower and dual blasters which make it a formidable opponent from most distances.
- Destroy the communications array.
- Destroy the four turrets on the frigates.
- Destroy six TIE Fighters to clear room for the LAAT/i transport.
- Fly the LAAT/i into the into the enemy hanger.
- Find Ackbar: He is located in the shiled engine room, which is the same location as it was in Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Destroy terminals to remove forcefield.
- Return to your hanger with Ackbar in the LAAT/i transport.
Mission 5 Edit
Renegade Squadron goes to Mos Eisley to Admiral Ackbars captured crew
1. Capture the Cantina command post
2. Talk to the Rodian.
3. Protect the Rodian as he lead you to the prisoners.
4. Destroy the three force field generators.
5. Capture the Sail Barge command post.
6. Defend the Sail Barge while Han Solo frees the prisoners.
7. Destroy the AT-STs preventing your escape.
8. Get to the Millenium Falcon for evacuation.
Mission 6 Edit
Boz Pity base is under attack from the Empire. Renegade Squadron needs to get off planet.
1. Capture the Gate command post.
2. Protect the command post.
3. Place a detpack on the explosive canaster.
4. Set off the detpack when the AT-AT is close.
5. Destroy 2 AT-STs.
6. Give Ackbar a bacta tank.
7. Protect the Evacuation zone.
8. Get to the LAAT/i.
Mission 7 Edit
The Empire has found Echo Base and Renegade Squadron must protect the Ion Cannon team until the rest of the Rebel Alliance is off planet.
1. Capture the Hanger command post.
2. Destroy 3 Databanks.
3. Set 3 explosive packs.
4. Get a powercell for the turret.
5. Destroy an AT-AT with the turret.
6. Defeat Darth Vader.
7. Protect the Ion Cannon team as they get off planet.
8. Get to a transport.
Mission 8 Edit
There is one more transport left and Renegade Squadron must escort it.
1. Destroy the turrets on the Frigates.
2. Escort the Transport past the Star Destroyer.
3. Destroy 6 TIE Defenders.
4. Steal a TIE Defender from the enemy hanger.Captue
5. Engage Darth Vaders TIE Advanced.
Mission 9 Edit
Renegade is going to Korriban to steal a datapad from Emperor Palpatine
1. Capture the Sith Academy command post.
2. Defend the Sith Academy
3. Capture the Sith Tomb Atrium command post.
4. Set explosives at each tomb entance.
5. Destroy Sith Artfacts to enrage the Emperor and lure him into the trap.
6. Destroy the Sith statue with a detpack.
7. Escape the Tombs to set off the explosives and trap the Emperor.
8. Steal the datapad from the Emperors shuttle.
9. Get the datapad to the extraction point.
Mission 10 Edit
With the information from the datapad the Emperor is going to be on the Death Star during the Battle of Endor It's almost time for the Battle of Endor, but the Rebel Alliance needs to distact the Emperor from Endor. So Renegade Squadron attacks the Imperial planet of Sullust.
1. Capture the Imperial Garrison command post.
2. Defend the Imperial Garrison until a link with Alliance command can be established.
3. Destroy the lightning generator with a detpack.
4. Defeat IG-88.
5. Defeat the Imperial Officer with imperial codes.
6. Take the shutdown codes to the power core and deactivate it.
7. Destroy 4 Gravity well projectors.
Mission 11 Edit
The Battle of Sullust was a success but the Emperor saw right threw the plan. Ackbar was traped fighting the Imperial Fleet over Endor and Han Solos strike team was captured. Everything depended on Renegade Squadron.
1. Secure the Ewok village command post.
2. Constuct a turret in the outpost.
3. Take out 2 AT-STS
4. Sabotage the downed AT-AT with an explosive pack
5. Take control of the Shield Bunker command post.
6. Get in Chewbaccas AT-ST.
7. Defend the Shield Bunker command post
8. Capture all the command posts.