Bespin was a large gas giant and home of the "City above the Clouds", Cloud City, where Lando Calrissian oversaw the mining facility. It was also the location of a battle during the Galactic Civil War, where the Empire took control of the mine and city. It is also the place where Luke faced Darth Vader for the first time and learned that Vader was actually his father, getting his hand cut off in the process.
Bespin was a gas giant approximately 118,000 kilometers in diameter. While the giant was mostly poisonous, it possesed one place were the atmosphere is breathable, called the Bespin Life Zone. Bespin rotated very fast, with a 12 hour rotation, however, it took nearly 14 standard years for it to orbit its star. This was the planet home to many famed people including Lando Calrissian and Lobot.
Behind the ScenesEdit
In the original Empire at War, Bespin didn't hold a land battle map, it could only be conquered by having space units above the planet, however, when the expansion pack Forces of Corruption was released, Bespin was then given a land battle map.
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (only through Xbox Live patch)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)
- Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)