- "What's the last thing to go through an Imperial scout trooper's head when he hits a tree? His afterburner."
- —Joke told by Rebel forces on Endor
The 74-Z speeder bike, sometimes referred to as the Imperial speeder bike due to its use by scout stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire, was a speeder bike manufactured by Aratech Repulsor Company used for reconnaissance purposes, as well as rapid transportation in combat zones.
They were capable of reaching speeds up to and beyond five hundred kilometers per hour, and had a flight ceiling of twenty-five meters. The speed and altitude was controlled by foot pedals. The highly maneuverable vehicles were equipped with sensor and communications devices located between the handlebars, including a comlink and a comlink-jamming device. They were armed with a forward rotating blaster cannon for combat.
They were also equipped with a very powerful boost that could propel them over vast distances in a shorter amount of time.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the video game Star Wars: Republic Commando, a 74-Z is visible in one of Prosecutor's Docking Bays. It was referred to as "a death trap".
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- LEGO Star Wars: The Original Trilogy (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)